Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tomorrow, Tomorrow; I Love Ya Tomorrow

First things first. The doctor came in today and told Mark that if he is doing as well tomorrow as he is today...drum roll please...he can go home!!! That's right folks, home. Basically Mark had another great day. He said he today he feels better than he has felt since the end of March (when this whole mess was starting). He ate well, walked a little over a mile, and the fluid in his ankles and chest is going away.

So the game plan is hopefully Mark will be discharged tomorrow. We will finally get to go home. Brodie will stay with my mom for just a couple more days, so I can make sure everything is set up for Mark before we have to worry about Brodie. (By the way, we got to see Brodie again today. He is so cute. He got right in his daddy's mask-covered and said "you all better now". It was so sweet.) Once Mark gets home he will have to return to the hospital every day for 10 days as an outpatient to get IV antibiotics, have his blood checked, and get any necessary blood products. Thankfully, my granny is is town to watch over Mark this week, so she will take him to his outpatient this week, so I can continue to work. I am sure tomorrow the doctor will give us tons of discharge instructions including lots of medications and outpatient information.

So at this point, I have started gathering our belongings so we can be ready to go tomorrow as soon as I get here. We are anxiously awaiting official word tomorrow that we can leave.

Prayer requests:
1. Pray Mark is well enough tomorrow to go home.
2. Pray for me. I am scared to death about taking him home. Here I know he is cared for regardless of what happens; at home he has me - that's scary.
3. Pray for no complications once we return home.

Continued thanks to everyone for their help this past month. Those interested in bringing food to our house now that we are returning home; give me a call 678-975-4954.

With a thankful heart,
Amanda

2 comments: