Saturday, May 7, 2011

It is all about the Attitude

So today was an exciting day. First, the good day began last night when I fell asleep at 9:00. I was exhausted and got about 10 hours of sleep, not sure the last time I slept that long. I left early this morning to get my long overdue haircut. I went to a place in Athens. The people were wonderful. They told me that when Mark starts to have his hair fall out, to call them and they will shave his head for free. The main guy, Mark Meeler, said chemo patients usually handled it better of they shave their head because they maintain control of the situation. It must be true; when I told Mark, he was so touched he started to cry.

After my haircut, I went to he house to get a few things done, then to my dad's house. Then to my mom's to get Brodie. Then Brodie and I went to the hospital to see Mark. It was a great visit. Brodie sat in Mark's lap while they colored Brodie race car coloring book. They both enjoyed the visit.

So, what's the update on Mark? Well today he was a new person. First of all, his white cell count is starting to drop, which is good. The sooner it drops, the sooner it comes back up so we can go home. The best news is Mark's new motivation. Since being in the hospital, all he wants to do is sleep and lay around. Well today his attitude changed. He ate almost all of his food today and walked 2.5 miles. He said he is determined to stay well and get out of the hospital as soon as he can. I literally cried tears of joy hearing him talk about his new attitude. Such a blessing and a major answered prayer - thank you Jesus.

So I am staying at my mom's tonight with Brodie, so I can wake up with him tomorrow for Mother's Day, and Mark's mom is staying at the hospital with Mark so she can see him for Mother's Day.

Keep the prayers coming and thank you for all the blessings you have brought to our lives.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Sending Mothers Day wishes for a wonderful day with Brodie and much love to you all from Uncle Chalmers and Aunt Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete