Friday, May 6, 2011

Muffins for Mom!!!

The doctor came in today and said Mark is doing well. At this point we are simply waiting for the chemo to drop Mark's white cell count to zero and then build back up. Once they build up, we get to go home. We did have a visit from Mark's cousin Brian today. Mark really enjoyed the visit. They watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail and had a good time. It also worked out well because I had to leave for a few hours this morning, and Mark was not alone the entire time because of Brian's unexpected visit.

So, where did I go? I went to see my precious little boy at his school for "Muffins for Mom". This was the first time I saw Brodie since Sunday. It was amazing to see him. He came to me and gave me a big hug and I started to cry immediately. I miss seeing him so much. I know Mark misses him too. It is hard on all of us. Anyway, after a few minutes of holding him and quietly crying, Brodie and I went and enjoyed a couple of muffins. He was so cute. He told me about all his friends, and took his sweet time eating and drinking his juice. I think he wanted to make it last as long as possible, just like me.

Thankfully leaving him worked out well because he decided he was finished and started playing with his friends. I simply gave him a hug and kiss, and headed out. This was also the first time all the staff at Brodie's saw me since Mark's diagnosis, so I spent probably another 30 minutes talking to several of them, giving them updates, and telling them the information I have at this point.

On my way back towards the hospital, I stopped at my mom's work so she could see how I am doing. She is worried about Mark and me. She has a unique perspective of this situation, and I know it is hard for her. I got back to the hospital about 4 hours after I left, just in time to hear what the doctor had to say. Once Brian left, Mark and I both actually fell back asleep for a short time. Needless to say, I am exhausted. All the stress and sleepless nights from the past two weeks are starting to catch up with me. Thankfully, Mark's mom is coming tomorrow to stay with Mark for a few days. I will check in at home and then stay at my mom's house. This way I get to wake up with my little boy on Mother's Day. Then I will return to work Monday, and visit Mark each night before going home or to my mom's to sleep.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the next couple of days, but I dread leaving Mark. I am comforted by being in the hospital with him because I know what is happening; however, I also know I have to take care of myself so I can take care of Mark and Brodie. Continue to pray for my precious little family and thank you for your support.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment