Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sleepy Time

Mark had another good day today. I can tell his body is wearing down some because he is very tired. Last night he fell asleep about 10:00 and slept until about 11:00 this morning with the occasional restroom trip and visit from nursing staff. Then after going just over 1 mile on the exercise bike in the exercise room, and eating most of his lunch, he laid down to take a nap. So far tonight, Mark feel asleep at 9:00 (not sure the last time that happened) and I feel confident will sleep just as long unless he starts to feel sick. The nursing staff is so nice when they come in and he is sleeping. They try desperately to let him continue sleeping because they know how important his sleep is to get better.

Other than the noticeable increase in Mark's sleep, he is doing well right now, but I know not so good days are ahead when his chemo really kicks in. The oncologist says Mark is doing really good and is handling the treatment well, after the difficulty the first several days last week and this past weekend.

We did get to talk to our Brodie today. He is staying with my mom and going to his school. He is working really hard at using the potty like a big boy. He is doing such a great job with it; I am so proud. When we talked to him tonight, he asked his daddy if he felt better (it was precious). Then when Mark said he was feeling better, Brodie said to his Nana (that's my mom) "he's feeling better!". My mom said his face lit up with pure joy. That is precious. I love that little boy with all my heart, and not seeing him is very difficult. I know I can see him whenever I want to, and I will see him in a couple days; but I have to make sure his daddy is okay, so I have to be here. Mark is heartbroken that he can't see Brodie every day, but I plan to get Brodie down here to see his daddy every day we can, though Mark has to wear a mask. Just seeing Brodie makes the day better.

Today I am grateful for our mothers. They have been rocks during the early parts of this long process. They have helped in numerous ways, most notably taking care of Brodie. They offer encouragement and bring needed supplies, but most importantly they allow Mark and I to focus on Mark's health knowing Brodie is being loved and cared for, and most likely very spoiled, while we get through the first phase of Mark's treatment. Thanks you GG and Nana.

Pray for many more good days ahead for Mark during his treatment.

Pray for people who are available and willing to sit with Mark during the upcoming days so I can go back to work. There are only 2 weeks of school left, and I need to go back to get some things done.

Pray for continued strength and courage to get through this time.

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that Mark had such a great day yesterday, that's the power of prayer!!! I love you guys so much and I will continue to pray and thank God for Marks' healing. Hugs and kisses to you all! Love, Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let Mark know everyone at Allstate is praying for him and miss him. I saw on your post that you may need people to sit with him while you go to work. I know Josh and I would be more than willing to take a day each. I could also check with some of his friends here if they would like to do the same.
    -Brock
    334-704-3349
    brocknau@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete