Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

First of all, happy mother's day to all the mom's reading this blog. I was blessed today to spend the day with my mom and my little boy. It healed my heart a little to spend time with him. We didn't do anything special, but we were together. Mark's mom spent the night with him last night and spent the day with him today. I know they enjoyed the time together also.

Well, I am glad we had the positive day yesterday because today was a difficult day for Mark. He woke up this morning with extremely sore feet. I admit, my first thought maybe it was from all the walking he did yesterday. Turns out on possible side effect of the chemo is very painful nerve pain in your extremities like hands and feet. As I write this, Mark's feet hurt so bad he literally cannot stand up for longer than a minute or so, and he can't take more than maybe one step.

He is also having some pain in his chest. My understanding is we hope to get more definitive information from the doctor tomorrow regarding what is going on right now. Other than that, Mark's mom said Mark slept most of the day because of the extra medications they gave him for his nausea and pain. He did not eat today and due to his pain, he did not get up today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Prayer for tonight:
1. Take the pain away from Mark's feet so he can get up tomorrow and have a better day, and exercise to avoid pneumonia.
2. Take away the nausea so Mark can eat tomorrow. Food equals a healthier body.
3. Give me peace tomorrow. I will be returning to work in the morning, and I am extremely anxious about it to say the least.
4. Continue to decrease Mark's cell count. Once it hits zero, we can start working our way back up. Then we get to go home.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Amanda! Thank you again for the continuous updates. I hope you have an easy transition back to work tomorrow, although I know that will be extremely hard. I hope for a better day for Mark tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete